He went up the mountain and summoned those whom he wanted and they came to him. He appointed twelve, whom he also named apostles, that they might be with him and he might send them forth to preach and to have authority to drive out demons.
In chapter 13 of Rebuilt, Fr. Michael and Tom discuss their successes and failures in building a healthy staff culture and hiring the right people.
They use 5 hiring strategies (detailed in the book):
At the Church of the Nativity, ministers agree to the following standards (described in detail in Rebuilt):
- Strategy #1: Hire people of good character.
- Standard #2: Hire people with ability.
- Standard #3: Hire people you like.
- Standard #4: Hire from within.
- Standard #5: Hire people who have fallen in love with your church.
Once you get your staff assembled, how do you invest in them? One way is consistent communication and effective meetings.
Watch Michael and Tom discuss meetings and how they currently run them: